Monday, June 8, 2009

Saturdays, movies n sems.......
Movies.....my love since sixth standard when i used to go every Wednesday to watch a movie with my Dada,afternoon show.Even that love continues while i have entered engineering;only thing being Wednesdays replaced by Saturdays n
Dada replaced by friends!!!! COEP......college of eternal perseverence[:(]...where u are made to sweat right from starting of the sem till end through endless chains of tests n exams until holidays give you some air to breathe.I chose electrical engineering for my career, thought it suited me better than other branches. First day at college,particularly in the class....where every boy seemed a geek(leave alone the beauties..:P),I thought I had done myself in..but the moment we started conversating with each other;the scenario was totally different! They were just like me, two of them(They are still interesting enough to keep me away from others!!! ) ;we shared same interests, n to my surprise.... they were better movie maniacs than me!! Even I dont recollect how the chain started; but after first two weeks it was all movies n saturday......a new movie every saturday...at mangla or e-square . It was all fun;(We were very attentive on saturdays.!!!!)...imagine waking up at every saturday by a call releasing all kinds of shouts(u knw...******##***); only to make you realise that you are running half an hour late...(Again!!!!)....its already 9 o'clock whereas you all had decided to meet at 8:30!!! Then all hush n rush......putting wateverclothes you get your hands on and making it there somehow at 9:20.[:)]. Then affection to movies increased to such a level that we started to bunk every lecture(I was in defaulter list of all the subjects!! );sit at my home enjoying a movie on dvd eating maggie we bought in the way. First sem passed, my results dipped like anythnig ever(got 6 in maths!!!);but still the movie mania continued...second sem passed;this time my friends's results took a nosedive and we were seeing more movies than before!!!! But still it was worth it.....where college freaks you out for a complete week,watching a movie releases all your stress out;for all those three hours you dont think of anything; you are in a world that movie puts you in....enjoying thrill,action,emotion,drama and climax....But i have to agree- If the movie isnt woth the hype you feel liking banging your head on nearest wall plus you feel sad for wasting your money( It comes very hard for me!!!)
Since then my love with movies still continues;never ceasing to end. Current streak stands at a whooping 83(last one being Angels n Demons...didnt like it though....) and it'll continue to increase one by one every saturday...[:)].
P.S. :- My parents don't know anything about it.....so please if anybody of you know them personally, its a humble request please dont tell them...they'll kick me out of the house!!!!

1 comment: